Welcome to the Institute of Management Services
Industry worldwide constantly strives to improve productivity and quality. In the UK, the Institute of Management Services is the main body which:
- Encourages productivity and quality improvement
- Promotes the development of ways of improving productivity and quality
- Governs professional standards by publishing a code of ethics and providing professional examinations and qualifications.
- Provides a medium for professionals to share knowledge
- Maintains and publishes a body of knowledge about techniques including Industrial Engineering; Work Study (including Work measurement and Method Study), Organisation and Methods and Systems Analysis.
These disciplines, together with a wide range of management information and control techniques are collectively known as ‘Management Services'. More
Find out more here
The Institute’s mission is:
to promote to key stakeholders in UK government and commerce:
- an understanding of the concept of productivity and its improvement.
- the importance of structured approaches to productivity analysis, measurement and enhancement.
- to identify good practice and professional standards in productivity improvement by Individuals or organisations.
- to create and deliver education, training, advisory and support services aimed at helping individuals and organisations to establish and maintain that good practice and those professional standards.